Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Waiting Game

I haven't posted anything for a few days because I'm stuck waiting.  The biggest issue is that I still haven't been able to find a welder to rent/borrow.  I'm also waiting for my parts from Victor in FL.  I haven't heard from him since last week so I hope he's OK.

Here's what is supposed to happen when things start moving again:  weld brake brackets to frame, receive rear hubs from Victor, prep said hubs, bring frame and suspension parts to powder coating shop.  After that, I can start assembling and it should go quickly until I run out of parts again.

One small bit of progress -- I bought a brake and clutch pedal assembly on eBay for $75.

In the meantime, I probably will order a few more parts (I need to do a better job of inventory management) and work on the engine design.

Hopefully the next post will be soon and show some real progress.  Also, thanks for all the positive feedback on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment