Saturday, November 13, 2010

Good News and Bad News

How many times will I get to use this title?  I have a feeling there will be many occasions.  First the bad news, you remember that great deal I mentioned for the transmission?  Well, I guess they figured it was "too" great.  They called me and canceled the order saying the advertisement was a mistake.  That puts me back in the market for a transmission.  It's not that urgent right now, so I'll just keep looking and hopefully will find a good deal somewhere else.

Now the good news, I spent a few hours today finishing the fabrication of the new parking brake brackets.  I'm happy because I was able to reuse all the old bracket parts I cut off the frame.  I also finished grinding down all the residue on the frame where the brackets were originally mounted.  Next, all I need to do is find a welder, learn how to weld and attach the new brackets.  I hope to do all that tomorrow.

I know you're all dying to see what the new bracket looks like.
Sweet!
This is what it looked like in the old location
I almost forgot that my new friend Victor in Florida seems to be doing better.  We are negotiating the terms for an aluminum pumpkin.  I hope we can wrap it up in the next few days.

My goal for the coming week is to get the frame out to the painter.  Once it's back, I can start to attach the suspension.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear Vic and Diane are OK and your parts will be arriving shortly

    ReplyDelete