Sunday, November 21, 2010

Move Over Paul Sr.

For those of you who don't have time to watch American Chopper (TLC), it's a show about a father and son who fight a lot and sometimes build cool motorcycles.  The dad is a tattooed, muscle-bound, hothead.

They do a lot of welding to build their bikes and that's what I got to do today to build my car!  It's very cool to stitch things together with liquid metal.  Everyone is welcome to come over and give it a try.




I got the parking brake moved (only a week later than I thought I'd have it done!).  Here are a couple of pictures.  Don't look too closely at the welds because they look a little like that Salvador Dali painting.  But after a total of 8 minutes of practice, I decided I was ready to do the real thing.  I actually was starting to get better the more I did.  The important thing is it's not going anywhere!


I really feel like I'm starting to make progress now.  With the parking brake out of the way, I started to test fit the pedals.

And guess what?  I have to do some more welding to get the pedals aligned (good thing I have that welder).

I really should be ready to get the frame painted this week.  And then I'm putting this car together!

PS:  I got an email from Diane in Florida (she's the one with the rear wheel spindles).  I still hadn't received them.  Her mechanic had a car race he was preparing for so he hasn't had time to remove the spindles from the old car yet.  She thinks he'll be able to do it Tuesday.  No word on Victor, but I guess no news is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment