Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time to Get Set Up

I plan on using one of our garage bays as the primary work area.  The frame will be on a dolly so I can roll it around as I work on it.  The body needs to be stored on supports so it doesn't warp or crack.  So before I can really start on the car, I have to put my woodworking skills to task.

Here I am building a stand for the body

 The body on the stand




I'm going to have to get all these parts organized too.


And the frame can't sit under that tarp forever...


Here is the frame on the dolly I made.  It's designed to support the entire weight of the finished car.

I decided to put the body up on stilts so it can be stored over the frame.  Everything is on wheels so I can move it around easily.

I got my parts organized too.

Here's everything in it's place.  I even built the rolling work table to the left in the picture.

Now I can get started on three parallel paths -- finding/fabricating parts, assembling the mechanical systems, and building the engine.  If it was only that easy...

1 comment: