Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Like I Always Say, "If you have an engine block, you might as well put a car around it"

It's now August and I haven't done much to move the project forward.  I spent some time researching engine components.  After all, I eventually have to put pistons, carburetor, crankshaft, and a hundred other parts into that engine block.  I quickly found that the decision I make on a certain part effects the decisions on many other parts too.  Seems complicated.  Therefore, no decisions yet.

I knew I wanted to get the frame and body parts from a company in Massachusetts named Factory Five Racing.  I just couldn't get myself to place the order.  Then the push I needed came out of the blue.

Factory Five decided to put their parts on sale for one week.  It was the sign I was looking for.  I placed my order and scheduled to pick it up on October 23, about a week after Laurie and I got back from our big trip to Australia and Tahiti.  You see, by picking it up yourself you save the $800 shipping charges.  Boy am I smart (or am I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment