Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We'll See...

I thought this would be a quiet week, and it generally was, but some things worthy of this account did happen.  First, I went to the monthly Cobra Club breakfast on Sunday.  Although it was too cold for anyone to drive a convertible, there were about 20 people there.   I picked up my fuel tank as promised.  One guy just got his car back from the painter after having spent 2 years building!  They all said that's typical.  When I said I expected to be done by next summer, including building an engine from scratch, they all laughed.  We'll see, won't we...

Next, I'm sure you all remember that I'm supposed to get my frame and suspension parts back from the powder coater this week.  Hasn't happened yet.  I'm going to call them tomorrow and fully expect to hear that they've been too busy to get to it.  Although I'd prefer to have my stuff sitting in my garage over Christmas, I'm not going to be doing any work until after New Year anyway.  We'll see what he says...

One of the club members came over yesterday morning to use my workshop.  I can't go too much into the details because I'm sworn to secrecy, but it's called Secret Project X (original, huh).  While he was over, he helped me with my design for a hydraulic clutch.  We'll see if it works...

Finally, I have been building a parts list (mostly bigger ticket items) that I'll need to get over the next month or so to keep things moving.  I had hoped that in January, some of my preferred suppliers would have some kind of sale and then I'd pull the trigger.  Well, I found a 15%-off promotion code from one of the suppliers tonight.  I entered an order, entered the code, it registered 15% off (a few hundred $$$) so it hit "Submit".  We'll see if they cancel it on me...

I have a feeling this is the way I'll drift into the end of the year.  But it's okay with me.  I'm happy to spend so much time with Laurie and the kids.  Although I think they feel the same way, Ben may not be so sure since I put old Chinese food containers in his bed today that he failed to clean-up last night.  We'll see what happens when he finds them...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

No comments:

Post a Comment