Monday, March 14, 2011

Brief Detour

A week ago, I laid out my plans for what I hoped to accomplish this week.  Then life got in the way.

Over the next 10 weeks, I'm going to be teaching a boat building class at our local arboretum.  Since the director knew I have a fully-equipped workshop, he asked if I could build a storage locker for the tools and supplies we'd be using in the class.

It became more involved than I originally planned, but I'm happy with the results.

It's a monster - four feet wide and three feet tall.

The class is held one afternoon each week for kids around 12 years old.  I expect that I'll be spending extra time between classes fixing problems and keeping the project on the time schedule.  It should be fun.  I'll post a few progress pictures along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment