Saturday, October 1, 2011

One Way to Spend a Saturday Afternoon

Next Sunday is the monthly meeting of the local Cobra club. Since the weather is getting cooler, I decided this is my chance to have the guys look over my car before they go into hibernation. I'll need to get the car onto the trailer to bring it to the meeting and the only way to do that is to drive it on. That means I have a lot to do between now and then.

This afternoon I designed and built the bracket that will hold the battery. I found a spot up in front of the engine that seems just right. It will bolt to the frame and have long bolts that clamp the battery onto the bracket.

Here are the pieces.  The piece that looks like 1/3 of a box is the bracket I made.


Here it is with the battery in place.


Here are a couple shots in the mounting location (that's the front right wheel in the background).



Now it needs to get painted and I will probably install it on Wednesday.

Next up, painting the radiator and finishing the brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment